Dr.Mrs. B Roy Dutta; M Sc Ph D9435399787; Basanti_roy@yahoo.com
Specialization: Physical Chemistry
List of Publication:
- Treatment of water for removal of Cd (II) by adsorption on coal fly ash.
- A study on physical& chemical properties of fly ash with special reference to uptake of heavy metals. Dr. Mrs.B.Roy Dutta, Asstt.Prof, Dept. of Chemistry, Goalpara College
Dr. A H Khan; M.Sc. Ph.D9706607756; email@example.com
Specialization: Organic Chemistry
Dr Sandhya Rani Gogoi; M.Sc. Ph.D
(SLET, GATE-2012 & GATE-2013)
- T & I Best Postgraduate Award (Gold Medal), 2011, Tezpur University, Assam, India
- Royal Society of Chemistry Poster Award in the 7th CRSI-RSC (2013) Joint Symposium in Chemistry held at Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India
- Junior Research Fellow: University Grants Commission, Basic Scientific Research Scheme (UGC-BSR), India on December, 2013
- Senior Research Fellow: Awarded by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) on April, 2015
List of Publications :
- Peroxoniobium(V)-catalyzed selective oxidation of sulfides with hydrogen peroxide in water: a sustainable approach. Sandhya Rani Gogoi, J. Boruah, G. Sengupta, G. Saikia, K. Ahmed, K. K. Bania and N. S. Islam, Catalysis Science & Technology, 2015, 5, 595-610.
- Niobium(V) peroxo α-amino acid complexes: synthesis, stability and kinetics of inhibition of acid phosphatase activity, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, Saikia, K. Ahmed, R. Duarah, N. S. Islam, Polyhedron, 2017, 121, 142-154.
- Peroxo compounds of vanadium(V) and niobium(V) as potent inhibitors of calcineurin activity towards RII‐G. Saikia1, Sandhya Rani Gogoi1, J. J. Baruah, B. M. Ram, P. Begum, K. Ahmed, M. Sharma, G. Ramakrishna, T. Ramasarma and N. S. Islam. ChemistrySelect, 2017, 2(21), 5838-5848. (1These authors contributed equally to this work).
- Macromolecular metal complexes of NbV as recoverable catalysts for selective and eco-compatible oxidation of organic sulfides in water, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, Ahmed, G. Saikia and N. S. Islam, Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, 2018, 95, 801-812.
- Merrifield resin supported peroxomolybdenum(VI) compounds: recoverable heterogeneous catalysts for the efficient, selective and mild oxidation of organic sulfides with H2O2. J. Boruah, S. P. Das, S. R. Ankireddy, Sandhya Rani Gogoi and N. S. Islam, Green Chem., 2013, 15, 2944-2959.
- Polymer-anchored peroxo compounds of molybdenum and tungsten as efficient and versatile catalysts for mild oxidative bromination. J. Boruah, S. P. Das, R. Borah, Sandhya Rani Gogoi and N. S. Islam, Polyhedron (Werner special issue), 2013, 52, 246-254.
- Peroxomolybdate supported on water soluble polymers as efficient catalysts for green and selective sulfoxidation in aqueous medium, J. Boruah1, K. Ahmed1, S. Das, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, G. Saikia, M. Sharma, N. S. Islam, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2016, 425, 21-30 (1These authors contributed equally to this work).
- Vanadium-based polyoxometalate complex as a new and efficient catalyst for phenol hydroxylation under mild conditions, Sharma, G. Saikia, K. Ahmed, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, V. G. Puranik and N. S. Islam, New Journal of Chemistry, 2018, 42, 5142.
- A chitosan supported peroxidovanadium(V) complex: Synthesis, characterization and application as an eco-compatible heterogeneous catalyst for selective sulfoxidation in water, G. Saikia, K. Ahmed, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, M. Sharma, H. Talukdar, N. S. Islam, Polyhedron, 2019, 159, 192-205.
- Selective and green sulfoxidation in water using a new chitosan supported Mo(VI) complex as heterogeneous catalyst, K. Ahmed, G. Saikia, P. Begum, Sandhya Rani Gogoi, M. Sharma, H. Talukdar, N. S. Islam, ChemistrySelect, 2018, 3(44), 12563-12575.
Extra Curricular Activities/Hobbies :
- National player in volleyball game (2004), Regional player in 100 m race (2002), at School level.
- BEST ATHLETE (Women) of the year 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 of Tezpur University, Assam, India.
- BEST PLAYER- (Volleyball, Women) of the year 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2016-2017 of Tezpur University, Assam, India.
Dr. Valentina Basumatary; M.Sc. Ph.D
Seminar Presented :
- National Conference on New Approaches of Basic Science towards the Development of Engineering and Technology 2015(NABSET 2015). Assam Don Bosco University. “Study of trace metals contamination in the agricultural areas of Chirang, a district in Assam”.
- 20th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry . Organised by Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, Guwahati. “A case study of fluoride in Chirang district Assam”.
- National Seminar on “Exploring recent advances in Chemistry in service for mankind”. Department of Chemistry Shillong College. “Study of ground water quality in the Chirang district of Assam”.
- National Seminar on Science and Technology for sustainable development(61st Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society, 2016). Goalpara College, Goalpara, Assam. “Ground water analysis and non metallic variation of water samples ”.
- National Seminar on Social Issues and the Environment. Organised by Department of Chemistry and Department of Environmental Studies D. K. College, Mirza, Kamrup, Assam. “Dissolved trace metals, with special reference to iron, in the Groundwater of the Bongaigaon district in Assam”.
List of Publication :
- Basumatary and K. G. Bhattacharyya. Study of trace metals contamination in the agricultural areas of Chirang, a district in Assam. Journal of Applied and Fundamental Sciences . JAFS|ISSN 2395-5554 (Print)|ISSN 2395-5562 (Online)|Vol 1(1)|May 2015
- Basumatary and K. G. Bhattacharyya. Determination of Cationic and Anionic Pollutants in the Groundwater of Chirang District in Assam and their Interrelationships Study. 6th International Conference On “Recent Trends in Applied Physical, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical/Statistical and Environmental Dynamics” (PCME-2015). ISBN: 978-81-930585-8-9
Book Chapter :
- Basumatary and K. G. Bhattacharyya. 2017, pp 207-214. Study of Ground Water quality in the Chirang district of Assam. Bhattacharjee. M. N., Buam D. L., Masharing C. and Laloo B. M. Exploring Chemistry Interface with Human Welfare. ISBN: 978 93 83252 657